Gravy is the leading customer retention and failed payment recovery service for businesses with recurring payments. We believe in the human touch as a way to make better customer experiences happen. We’re on a mission to create an affordable, more efficient way for businesses to engage and manage failed payments AND bring the human element back to the cold world of automated, digital communication.
Gravy is looking for a sales engineer that has a proven track record for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. The right candidate will work with the sales team to to technically advise on the sales of products to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction. This is a position for someone with both technical knowledge and sales skills.
- Serves customers by identifying their needs and engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and others in a position to understand service requirements.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers and planning and organizing sales call schedules.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying all related customer documents, consulting with other industry experts and fellow teammates
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of service applications in customer environment and engineering or proposing changes in processes or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Develops customer’s staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, and anticipating future legislation.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed, recommending options and courses of action, and implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Problem solving
- Product knowledge
- Selling to customer needs
- Software requirements
- Product development
- Presentation skills
- General programming skills
- Technical understanding
- Verbal communication
- Requirements analysis
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field
We are seeking high-energy individuals who are motivated by challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and have a desire to make a positive impact in businesses. Compensation will be competitive for the ideal candidate.
Gravy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.