Gravy is the leading customer retention and failed payment recovery service for businesses with recurring payments. We believe in the human touch as a way to make better customer experiences happen. We’re on a mission to create an affordable, more efficient way for businesses to engage and manage failed payments AND bring the human element back to the cold world of automated, digital communication. Our vision is to accelerate freedom for business owners and the people we come in contact with - our customers, our team members, our vendors, etc.) Our current mission is to return $1B back to businesses by the end of 2023.
The Vice President, Accounting and Finance will report to the office of the Chief Executive Officer, directly to the Chief of Staff. You will be responsible for working with all levels of management, including but not limited to Senior Executives, Directors, and Managers. To do well in this role you should have experience as an accounting & finance leader in a company with complex financials and an extensive balance sheet.
As the Vice President, Accounting and Finance you will be responsible for overseeing the company’s fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing. As well as the ability to identify and address financial risks and opportunities for the company and supervising financial reporting and budgeting teams.
Strategy, Planning, and Management
- Act as the financial leader and a strategic business partner in order to communicate, engage, and interact with the CEO and executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate the financial performance of an organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plans of the organization.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Recruit, interview, and hire finance and accounting staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of the executive leadership team.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes as deemed appropriate by the executive leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting, and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division, and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop, and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches, and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain a monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage the financial planning and analysis department. Supervise the creation of reports, software implementation, and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Work with the People and Culture team to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with executive leadership team members.
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments and asset management area.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires and ACHs
- Supervise Accounts Receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, master degree or MBA.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Strong financial and accounting background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow management, and general finance and budgeting.
- Experience with corporate governance.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate responsibilities.
- You do what you say you will do and own up to it when you don’t.
- You have an attitude of constant improvement.
- You approach life with optimism and see the good in situations and people.
- You make decisions with the interest of the company and team members in mind.
- You are self-motivated to produce agreed-upon results.
- Medical benefits eligibility starting the 1st of the month following a 30-day waiting period
- 15 days PTO plus paid holidays
- Flexible work environment
- Personal and leadership development programs
- Bi-annual company retreats
- Quarterly reviews